The Fam

The Fam

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Book Club Suggestion

I know we had talked about it a while ago, and we all thought it would be a good idea, so why not start it now? In an effort to gain some support for the idea, I will suggest a book that might have broader appeal, given our group's demographic. I heard an interview with the author on NPR and he sounds kinda funny. He is a professor at Columbia, but he is not stuffy at all. Anyway, the book just won the  Bollinger Everyman Wodehouse Prize for Comic Fiction Click here for article


Silvia would pass out if she won this trophy, for it is a live pig. Last year Ian McEwan won the prize for his novel Solar:


Anyway, below is a picture of the cover. Click here to view the book at Amazon where you can read the first pages. Let me know what y'all think, and don't judge me! I'm just trying to bring a little culture into our conversations! I don't need to hear chisme every time! BTW, it would be kinda cool if we can have it read and discussed before Cris and I start summer school... Just sayin'...



6 comments:

  1. I'm down for a book club and agree that we should get started soon before Ed and I have to start school again. I read the first couple of pages on Amazon, and it seems ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to know the world and my time revolves around your lame school schedule....NOT!! Pssshhh, I keep hearing about the series The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Anytime someone (in this case the author of this book) leaves manuscripts hanging around and after his death they convert them into best sellers....well it will get my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Sandra, realll helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about the series Silvia is talking about. I sincerely don't care either way. Somebody call it, that way I can start my used-book hunt for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then let's just read the series...those are my favorite anyway. Now we need a due date...we should all have it read by when?

    ReplyDelete