The Fam
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Harassment Training
I had to sit through a 2 hour harassment training session where a woman stood in front of a conference room and provided a bunch of whiny individuals even more reasons to complain, extort, and abuse our "rights". When did people become so fragile? If I called you a fat bitch is it harassment? Well, if you are offended by that statement, it is either because: it is an incorrect and you are more of a lean bitch or it is true and you are upset that someone has recognized this lovely feature. So at best, my only fault for calling you a fat bitch would be that I am a liar, not that I am a harasser. So many labels can really be used here instead of harassment such as constructive criticism. But we have to focus on all the ways we can be play the victim role and in this case seek a reward. Thank you IEEE. You have just made the role of a manager a complete waste of my time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. I'm glad you had an opportunity to vent with all of us here.
ReplyDeleteWhat if the complainer (if that's a word) isn't so much offended but would rather not work with people who focus on personal traits rather than the work they are there to do? If someone called me a fat bitch, I would find a way to have them change their ways or get them gone. Not because I'm offended, but because they are not only wasting my time, but the company's by even thinking about such trivial BS.
Believe me, I share your disdain of harassment training, but I do feel it's necessary to keep it on the forefront of everyone's mind. I would run it more like a "scared-straight" program if I could.
But Ed, isn't that where the insults stem from? You don't like someone else's work ethic so you find ways to verbally hurt them. I think I agree more with Silvia on this one...it's not really offensive you really are fat and a bitch. That's just brutal honesty. I think the problem with a statement like this is the malice behind the words. I can call you a cry baby in a seething tone and all of sudden it can sound like harassment. I completely agree its a waste of time though. Have some manners people! Didn't anyone teach you talk BEHIND people's back, not to their faces?? Jeez, kids these days. smh
ReplyDelete